The Partnership is overseen by two advisory groups, the Strategic Advisory Group and the Cross Council Strategic Group.
Strategic Advisory Group
A Strategic Advisory Group has been appointed to provide advice on the Partnership’s strategy and thematic areas. The Group is chaired by Professor Linda Woodhead of Lancaster University and comprised of both academic and non-academic members.
The Partnership is based on the recognition that tackling the security issues facing the world today requires partnerships at every level, including partnerships across academic disciplines and research councils, and partnerships between researchers and practitioners outside academia.
By integrating arts, humanities, and social science research with existing forms of security research, the Partnership exists to encourage new research agendas, and to bring human and ethical dimensions into the heart of existing and new work. My role is to chair the Strategic Advisory Group, which brings together a range of partners so that they can influence the shape and direction of the Partnership.
Professor Linda Woodhead, Chair of the Strategic Advisory Group
Membership of the Strategic Advisory Group includes:
- Professor Linda Woodhead – Lancaster University (Chair)
- Suzanne Bardgett – Imperial War Museum
- Professor Indira Carr – University of Surrey
- Professor Sadie Creese – University of Oxford
- Phil Darbyshire – BAE Systems
- James Deane – BBC Media Action
- Professor Theo Farrell – Kings College London
- Sarah Graham – Home Office
- Professor Chris Hankin – Imperial College London
- Professor Nick Jennings – University of Southampton
- Iain King – Department for International Development
- Professor Michael Levi – University of Cardiff
- Professor Tom McCutcheon – Defence Security and Technology Laboratory
- Paul McCloghrie – Cabinet Office
- Alan Pratt – Home Office
- Professor Andrew Thompson – University of Exeter
Cross Council Strategic Group
The Cross Council Strategic Group is responsible for the development and implementation of the overarching strategy and research priorities for the Partnership, with input from the Strategic Advisory Group.
The Group is chaired by Adrian Alsop, Research Director at the Economic and Social Research Council and reports to the Research Councils UK Research Directors’ group.
The Arts and Humanities Council, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council and the Economic and Social Research Council are core members.
The Biotechnology and Biosciences Research Council, Medical Research Council, Science and Technology Facilities Council and Innovate UK are affiliated members.
Membership of the Cross Council Strategic Group includes:
- Kristine Doronenkova – Economic and Social Research Council
- John Baird – Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- Gary Grubb – Arts and Humanities Council
- Penny Woodman – Science and Technology Facilities Council
- Brian Harris – Biotechnology and Biosciences Research Council
- Desmond Walsh – Medical Research Council
- Nick Appleyard – Innovate UK