Summer Retreat in Strategic Foresight #SOIF2017
7-11 August 2017
Hartwell House, Buckinghamshire
The School of International Futures flagship foresight retreat returns to the UK this August. Join policy planners, strategic thinkers from around the world and business leaders at this exclusive annual retreat in the UK and learn how to plan for and respond to future challenges and opportunities in an increasingly complex and uncertain world. You will:
- Learn a systematic approach to apprehend and address new risks and emerging opportunities
- Understand how to apply foresight methods and approaches to impact decision-making today
- Gain practical experience using foresight on a real geopolitical challenge
- Explore the implications of our other two themes for your work – the “future of education and skills” and ‘lean and agile foresight’.
- Become part of an international community of foresight users – every retreat has featured participants from more than 16 nationalities.
“SOIF’s training stands out from other foresight courses and conferences. In this inward-looking world, they bring exceptional diversity to the conversation” European Commission
Jeff Jonas: Founder and Chief Scientist, Senzing and former IBM Fellow and Chief Scientist Context Computing, Senzing;
Rosemarie Forsythe: Former Director, International Political Strategy at ExxonMobil and Former White House National Security Council Director for Russian, Ukrainian and Eurasian Affairs;
Mat Burrows: Director, Strategic Foresight Initiative, Atlantic Council and former director the US National Intelligence Committee’s Global Trends programme; and
Arthur Muliro: Deputy Managing Director, International Secretariat of the Society for International Development (SID) in Rome.
Organisations signed up
German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ); Ministry of Defence of Finland; Development Concepts and Doctrine Centre, Ministry of Defence, UK; United Nations Development Programme; University of Geneva; Action Against Hunger.