Localising Response to Humanitarian Need FORUM- CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Role of Religious and Faith-based organisations
Cinnamon Lakeside Hotel, Colombo, Sri Lanka
16-19 October 2017
The goal of this international forum is to provide a platform for diverse religious and faith-based organisations to come together with secular partners to showcase and critically reflect on their respective contributions to humanitarian preparedness, response and recovery, in order to strengthen partnerships with local religious and FBO networks, improve delivery, and scale up interventions.
Who should attend?
People active in local humanitarian response from:
- Local faith networks, religious and faith-based organisations, religious leaders, and secular NGOs
- Bilateral, multilateral, donor, private sector organisations interested in further engagement with faith networks
The call is for evidence-based presentations addressing the role and methods of engagement of local faith networks in humanitarian situations. Of special interest is information on what is working (and what’s not!) in the field, and the methods and mechanisms that support that. Subtopics include:
- Emergency Response
- Delivering aid in conflict
- Disaster preparedness
- Refugees & Forced Migration
- Sexual & Gender-based Violence
- Effective partnerships between public sector and religious and FBOs
If you would like to express interest in making a presentation at the October Forum please submit an abstract.
The deadline for abstract submission is 15 March 2017.