Cyber Security Knowledge Transfer Partnership Scheme – Networking and briefing event
10:00 – 16:00, 5 November 2015
Innovate UK and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport is jointly investing up to £0.5m to help UK companies establish new Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) in the area of cyber security. The funding is aimed at supporting collaborations between HEIs and SMEs.
The initiative will support KTP projects to enable SMEs in the cyber security sector to access research-driven knowledge and capability from academia.
This will help them access strategic opportunities, tackle significant challenges they might be facing and support the development of new innovative processes and solutions.
The Cyber KTP briefing will consider how to :
- Enable companies to be able to access more quickly the cyber security expertise they need to be able to solve critical challenges.
- Showcase the value and capability, which the UK cyber security academic sector can bring to help solve problems within businesses.
- Allow companies to access new strategic developments that can support their economic growth
- Help plug the skills gap particularly in specialist areas within the sector.
- Boost the growth of the cyber security sector through new strategic businesses and/or products.
The Cyber KTP will not define the type of projects or areas within cyber security that could be supported so as not to stifle innovation.