New issue available of The European Review of Organised Crime
The Standing Group on Organised Crime (SGOC) is one of the European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) standing groups. It aims to promote research in transnational organised crime across different disciplines.
Over recent months, the SGOC has continued in its efforts to promote excellence in research and has now published its online open access journal, The European Review of Organised Crime (EROC).
Articles features in the latest issue include:
- A Perilous but Profitable Crossing: The Changing Nature of Migrant Smuggling through sub-Saharan Africa to Europe and EU Migration Policy (2012-2015) by Tuesday Reitano
- Perceptions of Ethnic Albanians in New York City and the Role of Stereotypes in Fostering Social Exclusion and Criminality by Jane Arsovska and Adriana Michilli
- Tales of Trauma, Identity, and God: The Memoirs of Mafia Bosses Michele Greco and Leonardo Vitale by Rossella Merlino
- Democracies’ Fight against Radicalisation in the European Union: From Self-Protection to Self-Destruction by Aurelie Garbay
- Certificates of Exportation of Cultural Property and Foreign Acceptance of Their Value by Paolo Giorgio Ferri
- Treating the Cause, not the Symptoms: Exploring the Possible Relationship between Environmental Administrative Law and Waste Crime in Italy by Giada Dalla Gasperina
- Money Laundering: A New Perspective in Assessing the Effectiveness of the AML Regime by Verena Zoppei
- Italian mafias in Europe: An Information Gap? by Felia Allum and Alessandro Colletti
Submissions are now being sought for future issues including theoretical and empirical contributions presenting the latest research on organised crime from a variety of disciplines, such as criminology, criminal justice, political science, law, security studies, sociology, gender studies, economics, media studies, anthropology, and history. Submissions are also sought from practitioners who can share knowledge about organised crime by drawing upon their on-the-ground experience.
To read the journal or for further information on making a submission please visit the SGOC ECPR website.