The Changing Character of War Centre Fellowship
The Changing Character of War Centre (CCW) based at the University of Oxford‘s Pembroke College and the University’s Department of Politics and International Relations is seeking candidates for a Research Fellow position which will focus on Nordic-US-UK Defence. The successful candidate’s research will focus on interdisciplinary approaches to armed conflict which takes into consideration historical, legal, philosophical, sociological, economic, anthropological and political perspectives.
The fellowships are open to applicants of any nationality, and are tenable for two years from 20 April 2020. The post-holder will be responsible for research on US relations with Nordic countries and the United Kingdom in the field of Defence Studies. They will also pursue their own research in one of the core disciplines of the Centre. Applications are open until noon on 31st January 2020.
Applicants should have a doctorate in the relevant field of research. According to their advertisement, the Changing Character of War Centre particularly welcome applications from candidates who can demonstrate:
- Strong research skills and the potential to contribute research and published outputs in the specified field of the highest standards, commensurate with their career stage;
- Experience in high quality journal publication
- Knowledge and understanding of the Centre’s research agenda, particularly in this field, and a demonstrable ability to develop, plan and implement the Centre’s strategic aims in consultation with the Director;
- Experience of engaging both academic and practitioner audiences in research activities and advanced research methods;
- Experience of managing projects and developing individuals, especially experienced or senior professionals, government, and senior armed forces personnel.
The successful candidate will have a salary of of £32,000 per annum. The university also provides other benefits, including membership of the University pension scheme, all lunches and dinners when the college kitchens are open, and a travel pass loan scheme.
You can learn more about the role and how to apply here.