India-UK TECH Summit 2016
7-12 November 2016 | New Delhi, Pune, Kochi
9.30am – 5.00pm
Smart technologies can help address some of the challenges of rapid urbanisation by improving services and managing their efficiency. For cities to become truly sustainable, they need to become connected – across silos, across organisations, and with citizens. For innovators, the urban landscape has always been a place of opportunity and the UK is at the forefront of ever-smarter cities.
The newly formed Department for International Trade, in partnership with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), are coming together for this year’s India-UK Tech Summit, offering UK companies the chance to capitalise on the vast opportunities presented by increased India-UK collaboration in Smart Cities.
Join the Department for International Trade (DIT), Innovate UK and the UK’s Defence and Security Organisation on a trade and entrepreneur mission to one of the world’s largest smart cities markets – India.
The Smart Cities trade mission will embrace India’s high ambitions for the sector. A £100 million government contribution for selected cities will be used to plan and develop projects that are also able to attract private investment. The first 20 lighthouse cities are planning projects with capital expenditure of £4.8 billion. Overall, £24 billion worth of investment is expected across 100 cities over the next 5-7 years.
The Mission will give companies an opportunity to showcase their expertise to potential customers and government officials from local urban bodies from within the first 20 lighthouse cities and also to engage directly with potential partners and investors.
India’s Smart Cities trade mission presents opportunities in the following sectors:
• Transport infrastructure
• Built Environment
• Water, waste management and sanitation
• Technology infrastructure
• Security and cyber solutions
The mission will give companies the opportunity to:
• Attend a bespoke international readiness workshop facilitated by global innovation experts, 100% Open, to build your understanding of local market conditions, enable you to build a suitable pitch to potential investors/clients and learn first-hand from other UK entrepreneurs who have entered the Indian market (this workshop is open to SMEs only)
• Join market briefings and investor readiness training in preparation for the mission
• Raise your company profile in one of the biggest smart cities markets
• Increase your business prospects by pitching to potential buyers, senior government officials, decision makers from urban local bodies and smart city procurement managers from across India
• Participate in the UK-India Tech Summit in Delhi, India’s flagship knowledge and technology conference and exhibition, providing a platform for promoting technology-intensive trade and investments, supported by DIT and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
• Attend in-market exclusive networking and business-to-business events in Delhi, Pune and Kochi – announced in the list of top 20 smart cities in India