Name: Michele Maria Anzalone
Organisation: University of Palermo
Disciplinary Area: City, Regional and Landscape Planning
Research Area: Social Reuse and Community-Driven Productive Reactivation of Assets Confiscated to Organized Crime
Role: Research Provider
Which call are you planning to apply for?
Transnational Organised Crime 2018
What are your research interests?
– Social reuse and productive reactivation of confiscated criminal assets to disrupt and impede TNOC.
– Economical, societal, environmental sustainable regeneration of marginal and vulnerable urban areas affected by the phenomenon of organised crime.
– Theoretical, operative and methodological elaboration of plans, policies, interventions, actions for smart, sustainable and inclusive development of territories and local communities;
– Valorisation of research results into the market (rapid prototyping, innovation management, value proposition development and validation).
What is your offer?
I would be happy to offer expertise and case studies supporting your research about the factors that disrupt and impede TNOC.
I am available to collaborate with your research unit before the research proposal submission to define a transnational research agenda. I offer in particular:
– Organisational, social and technical skills related to scientific research in the field of urban studies;
– Expertise and case studies related to social reuse and productive reactivation of CCA in Europe;
– Expertise and case studies in Italy related to real estates, lands, historical buildings confiscated to organized crime and reused by social enterprises, associations and civil society to create economical, societal and environmental value;
– Expertise and case studies in Italy related to business confiscated to organised crime reused though workers buyout processes;
– A dataset of 100 practices of community driven-productive reactivation of confiscated criminal assets in Italy.
On the basis of your research proposal, it may be possible to verify availability for:
– Partnership with a wide network of social enterprises, associations and civil society actors that actually impede and try to disrupt mafia managing in a productive way confiscated criminal assets in Sicily;
– A secondment to an host research institution in Sicily for joint research with local communities, workshops and summer school;
– A secondment to a confiscated criminal building in Sicily for applied research, recovered and managed directly by your university (the legislative framework allows it).
Who would you like to collaborate with?
I would be happy to collaborate with multidisciplinary unit of research interested in innovation, collective action, urban regeneration, spatial production, environmental justice and in the definition of factors that disrupt and impede TNOC; I would be happy to have a skype talk to verify if our research interests mesh well and to share some ideas.