CREST Commissioning Programme 2019
CREST is seeking to identify and fund innovative and forward-looking economic, behavioural and social science research that will contribute to the understanding of contemporary security threats, or enhance the UK’s capacity to detect and mitigate such threats.
Successful applicants will become part of CREST’s larger research programme, benefiting from resources for translating and communicating evidence for impact, and opportunities for sustained interaction with their key stakeholders.
Applicants should propose a programme of work that addresses one of the following topics:
- Behaviour change
- Information disclosure in online/virtual environments
- Assessing the health of a relationship
- Developing, measuring and maintaining rapport across different contexts
- Moral Injury and belief change
- Individual differences in the adoption and use of new technology Behavioural analytics
- Human engagement with Artificial/Augmented Intelligence
Misinformation and disinformation
- Violent Domestic Extremism.
Individual researchers and research teams in academic institutions, research organisations, SMEs, and industry are eligible for commissioning funds.
The total amount available for this Call will be up to £1.12million at 100 per cent full Economic Cost (fEC), of which 80 per cent fEC (i.e., up to £900,000) will be made available to successful applicants.
Applications must be submitted by 10:00 GMT on 23 January 2019.
For more information and to download the Call Specification, please visit CREST website.