Future Aviation Security Solutions (Shoe Screening): Request for Expressions of Interest
The Joint Security and Resilience Centre (JSaRC) is conducting a ‘market engagement’ exercise, on behalf of Future Aviation Security Solutions (FASS) Programme, to find mature shoe screening solutions. These must be capable of physical demonstration in a representative environment.
The FASS programme is seeking technological solutions capable of screening shoes for explosives and other threats whilst remaining on a passenger’s feet. Of particular interest are solutions which do not require shoes to remain in a fixed position during the screening process.
Solutions must be readily demonstrable in a representative operational environment and therefore must be at technology readiness level (TRL) greater than 6. Solutions must also have or be willing to obtain necessary safety certifications including CE marking and any other appropriate certifications relevant to the equipment. Solutions should be available for demonstration between January and March 2018.
Points to note in your submission:
- Organisations / consortia may submit more than one solution.
- Feel free to submit online material by way of links, URLs or PDF documentation nevertheless actual descriptions as responses must be provided in your response.
- If this solution has already been offered or used elsewhere, please specify such details.
- JSaRC will email an acknowledgement for the receipt of a completed form.
- Replies to questions will be made available in an agnostic manner to all invited parties.
Responses and queries should be sent to JSaRC@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk placing FASS Shoe Screening Trials Submission in the subject line.
Please note the deadline for submissions is midnight 12 November 2017.
For more information, please see the JSaRC Expression of Interest document.